Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Gobble Day


Layla is begging to go on the sofa as you can see in the picture. Silly dog. Unbeknownst to her, we will be heading up to Farm tonight, and it will be an exciting time for her. It will be our first married Thanksgiving, and our first Thanksgiving with the dog. I love the firsts, don't you? Okay, that might have been slightly sappy, but I admit it, I am a sappy person. 

I have been seriously lacking on It's a Deaf Thing posts lately. I apologize for that. It is crazy with so many holiday preparations, visits with friends and some family members lately. I will get back on that hopefully in December even though I may reduce the frequency of posting of Deaf themes on my blog. I don't want to bore people too quickly with this topic so I am thinking about reducing it to every other week instead of weekly. 

I am trying to convince Stu to get a Christmas tree this weekend, but it looks like it is a losing battle. Drat. It is not a bad thing though! I really want an authentic tree this year since our duplex does allow real trees. In the past; it is not doable because of apartment rule regarding fire hazard, and blah blah blah. I understand why. Anyway, I'm just super impatient because a tree will make it official for the Christmas season! 

I am excited about going up to Farm for Thanksgiving. Russ family makes a mean Thanksgiving feast. Yummy. I love turkey, stuffing, and all that yummy stuff. I also love this time of the year because I sit back and think of things that I am thankful for. I should be doing this more often during the year not just during Thanksgiving, you know. Maybe it is a good reminder to keep this up all year around and count our blessing. 

I feel thankful for Stu, the fact we were able to afford a beautiful wedding, our friends, family (both sides), our pets, roof over our heads, stability in our lives, our health emotionally, mentally and physically, afford things we need, support from everybody we love, and oh so many more. 

There is also some sadness during time of the year because I reflect on the loss of people we love due to death and lost in touch with. I try not to dwell on this part too much because I don't like sorrow. I guess this is a normal reaction especially during the holidays. This sorrow reminds me to be grateful for people who are still in my life. 


2011 has been a great year so far. I hope it is true for you as well, my dear reader. 

Take your time to appreciate what you have and what you do not have in your life. Take your time to tell someone that you love them. Take your time to turn your face up to the sky and smile. 

Have a great and safe Thanksgiving. 


Feeling thankful for YOU,
Photobucket