Anyway, hello 2012!
What I have learned in 2011........
1. I would still read a book than a kindle or a nook or a tablet. There is nothing like smelling freshly printed books, and you can't bring a nook/kindle/tablet in a bath too. It would suck if it ends up being dropped in the tub. A book will just dry itself out.
2. When people act badly, ask yourself what they are afraid of. Fear drives most bad behavior. Trust me on that.
3. It must be said. Running never gets easier. So might as well rip the band-aid off and do it.
4. Say I love you at least 5-10 times a day. And mean it.
5. Life is not about what happens to us. It is about how we perceive what happens to us.
6. Enjoy every small moments. They will be gone before you know it.
7. Give a hug at least once a day. Sometimes, it is what people need but are afraid to say that they need one. so HUG HUG HUG HUG.
8. Count your blessing even when you are down. It makes you realize how good you have in your life no matter how little you may have in your life.
9. Your true friends will stick with you through thick and thin.
10. Don't waste your time seeking for approval from others. You only need it from yourself.
11. Give a person or an animal a chance.
12. Let go of anger. It does more harm than good.
13. Let a kid win at the game once in while. It's nice to see a smile on the kid's face.
14. Mistakes happen. Learn from it. Move on.
15. Take a time to help someone else out. It will do the world of a difference.
16. It is okay to cry.
17. Write it out! You'll look back and relearn lessons you've learned.
18. Accept compliment, but do not modestly reject it. You deserve it.
19. When going gets hard; keep going, and don't be afraid to reach out. There are people ready to hold you up because you've done it before for them.
20.What bothers us the most about others is what we dislike the most about ourselves.
21. Make good not excuses.
22. Do not assume. It will just make an ass out of you.
23. Wear a bold red lipstick at least once!
24. Cut out drama in your life. It will help you to see the good more clearly in your life.
25. Never stop learning.
26. Do at least one really good impression....say of Clint Eastwood. Well, do you feel lucky, punk?
27. Refuse to settle down.
28. Say thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks to Universe for all the wonderful things in your life!
29. Remember, everything will be okay in the end. If it is not okay then it is not the end.
30. Sit down with your grandparents and talk with them. They won't be around forever.
31. Abandon self-doubt.
32. Take as many pictures as you can. Cherish them.
33. Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not know the difference.
34. Some days, you are the bug. Some days, you are the window shield.
35. Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.
36. Grow a vegetable and cook it. There's nothing like knowing that you've created meals from your own garden.
37. Don't compare yourself to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
38. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
39. Envy is a waste of time.
40. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil your present.
41. Call your friends more often.
43. Smile. Laugh more. Life is too short to waste it on worrying, being angry, or sad.
44. Do the right thing.
45. Get rid of anything that is not useful, beautiful or joyful.
46. Spend some time with people over age of 60 and under age of 6. You'll learn something.
47. You don't have to win at everything.
48. You are good enough.
49. Yes. You can!
50. The best is yet to come.