Thursday, March 29, 2012

WEEK 19 BUMP



How Far Along: 19 weeks! 

How Big Is Baby: Baby Russ is 6.0 inches long and 8.5 ounces. Whoa, this baby is getting closer and closer to being ONE POUNDER already! Baby Russ is approximately about the size of a mango! 

Total Weight Gain: 8 pounds. 

Stretch Marks: Nothing! Let's hope I have great genes for an elastic skin. I still use Coca Palmer mainly for itching. I also walk half hour every day--exercising can help your skin to expand better and manage your weight gain. I drink a lot of water and especially Pomegranate juice (which has a lot of great benefits including protecting nenonatal brain of your developing baby besides being great for your skin). 

Maternity Clothes: Yep. I actually can mix regular clothes with maternity clothes. Matter of fact, I'm wearing my regular yoga pants--just gotta tuck it underneath my belly and wear a long maternity shirt and I'm golden! 

Sleep: Good. I love my body pillow and the bed foam mattress cover. I find it helpful to switch over to other side when I get up to use bathroom and go back to bed. If I sleep on one side for way too long then my hip will kill me for sure. I still get up 2-5x a night to pee. I can't give up on drinking water too close to my bedtime--I am always so thirsty!!!

Best Moment(s) Of The Week: I found a perfect tree branch for Baby Russ's nursery! I have been really wanting a tree with one super long branch to hang over the crib, but I don't like the price that I see online (a bit too much for simple tree branch decal, really). So thanks to Target; I found a perfect sticker decal with forest creatures for just....*drum rolls* 10 bucks! 

Food Cravings: Broccoli with dill dip. Cantaloupe chunks. Pineapple chunks. Pears. Cheese slices with crackers. It's a good thing my baby likes healthy food! Even though, I still sneak in a brownie or a cookie from time to time--hey, mommy needs it sometimes... 

Food Aversions: Roast Beef. The smell of it just turns me off. Taco meat (I suspect it is the seasoning that I used rather than the meat itself). Anything way too spicy which is a huge bummer because I absolutely love it--ah well, at least this pregnancy is done; I'll be able to CHOW down anything super spicy without getting a raging heartburn. Jalapeno poppers (my favorite snack food in the whole world) can be only taken in SMALL dosages. After eating 10 pieces in one sitting, I learned a hard lesson...never again because apparently Baby Russ hates it. 

Symptoms: Heartburn. Nose bleeding...thanks to this crazy weather shifts we have been having lately. My eyes seem to be more sensitive too. 

Movements: I sure felt a foot? Arm? Hand? Elbow? Not sure what body part it was.....but I felt Baby Russ's body part pushing against my belly the other day. 

What I Miss: A glass of wine, I won't lie. 

Gender: Finally, we are in home stretch! We are getting closer to my appointment date. I can't wait to see our baby again, and to finally announce the gender. I am sure that our family and friends feel the same way! 

Belly Button In Or Out: It's not out, but not inside completely. Pre-pregnancy; I have a deep belly button. Now my belly button seems more shallower.  So that is weird to see! 

Wedding Ring On Or Off: Still on for sure now that the weather is back to being goofy cold again. Blah. Well, okay, maybe not that cold but to my standard, it is. 

Looking Forward To: Being week 20! That's half way! Whoo, whoo! Also, I'm excited to be able to CROSS OUT this week and finally count down days until our ultrasound. I can't wait to announce the gender of our baby. And I'm just excited to say bye bye to March--it's an uneventful month. 

Next Appointment: April 11th! I can't wait for the big ultrasound. Stu is pretty excited about that too because he'll finally be able to see our baby for the very first time since week 8 ultrasound. Stu is in for a big surprise because our baby will look like an actual human being instead of a bean!