Thursday, April 5, 2012

WEEK 20 BUMP


How Far Along: 20 weeks! I've officially hit halfway with my pregnancy! That means we are getting closer to meeting our little one! Well, 20 down.....and 20 to go! 



How Big Is Baby: Baby Russ is the size of a small cantaloupe...about 6.5 to 7 inches long. Whoo! Can you imagine that a small cantaloupe will eventually become a small watermelon in my belly? I can't either. Baby Russ is now 10.2 ounces. In 2 weeks, Baby Russ will be ONE POUND

Total Weight Gain: 8 pounds. We will see if I have gained more since the last appointment. I do feel like I am lugging additional weight in the front!

Stretch Marks: Still nothing. My stomach feels very tight now. It will only get bigger from this point...I am suddenly reminded by ALIEN popping out of people's chests. 

Maternity Clothes: Still mixed in with regular shirts with maternity even though I'm running out normal regular shirts to pull over my belly. Pretty soon, I'll have to shop for maternity tank-tops for this upcoming summer.

Sleep: Pretty good under the circumstance aside from getting up 3-4 X a night to pee. It is a good thing that I've always been a side-sleeper so sleeping on my side isn't anything new (You are supposed to be sleeping on your side from this point on--something to do with the blood flow). 

Best Moment(s) Of The Week: Getting a package in the mail from my mom. It had a baby outfit and Pajamas jeans for me! *Breaking out in a song: ♪ ♫ Looks like a denim but feels like PJ! ♪ ♫ Getting Baby Russ's room ready. Setting up childbirth class schedule for Stu and me to attend! I'm really looking forward to that class starting on May 3rd! 

Food Craving: Unchanged from same old healthy stuff! Meat is still high up on the list especially Venison (deer meat) hot dogs. Yum Yum. Cheese seems to be a big thing lately too--can't enough of cheese lately, and the best part is that they don't give me headaches anymore. 

Food Aversion: Anything greasy. I don't like the smell of leftover chicken in the fridge. The funny thing is once I warm up the chicken in the microwave; I am able to eat it without any problem, and the smell doesn't bother me anymore. I am guessing that cold chicken is what bugs me. 

Symptoms: I get dizzy once in while. I feel out of breath from time to time--oh joy--especially walking up and down the stairs. I still get heartburn from pretty much everything. Fortunately, the heartburn is not as bad now. 

Movements: Baby Russ is an active baby! I am starting to feel the movements everyday. The bumps comes and goes all day long. It's so reassuring to have that feeling. Right now, I am trying to get stubborn Baby Russ to cooperate so others especially Stu can feel the movements! Baby Russ sure like it when I slip in CD and play music in my Jeep while doing the errands around the town. 

What Do I Miss: Being able to bend over like a normal person! It's hard to bend over with a belly in front of me--I'm so not used to this. Thank goodness that warmer weather is on the way because then I won't have to worry about trying to tie my shoes and just wear sandals instead. I dread the day when I finally can't see my feet anymore because then how the heck will I shave my legs?

Belly Button In or Out: Shallow, but still in. 

Wedding Ring On Or Off: It is still on. I just had my wedding ring cleaned again recently--so it is pretty and sparkly! 

Gender: Next week, come back and read the post or keep an eye out for an announcement on Facebook! Let's see which team wins; Blue or Pink! 

Looking Forward To: Announcing our baby's gender...FINALLY. Our ultrasound appointment, and getting more pictures of Baby Russ to show off! Celebrating Lauren's birthday on the same day of ultrasound appointment! Last, but not the least; Spending Easter with Stu's family up at the farm--I haven't seen them since Christmas, I think? It will be fun showing off my Buddha belly to them! 

Next Appointment: April 11th!! Stu is really excited to come--he has been unable to come with me to my regular appointments which is fine because he's not missing out on much. So I'm going to ask the technician if Stu can hear Baby Russ's heartbeat along with seeing Baby Russ on the ultrasound screen! 

2 comments :

  1. You are probably the cutest pregnant lady I have ever seen! Can't wait to find out if it is a boy or girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats once again. I'm so excited to see if you're having a boy or girl. I know you and Stu will be awesome parents.

    ReplyDelete