Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WEEK 21 BUMP





How Far Along: 21 weeks! 

How Big Is Baby: Baby Russ is the size of a banana...about 10.5 to 11 inches long, and 12.2 ounces. 

Total Weight Gain: The doctor's office confirmed that I have gained whooping 7 pounds in past month! Must be all good holiday goodies....and the fact that Baby Russ had a crazy growth spurt! So in total; I have gained 15 pounds. Holy cow! The funny thing is that I don't even look like I have gained that much. 

Stretch Marks: Nope, absolutely nothing yet. I feel pretty lucky to have gotten this far without any sign of wiggly white lines on my belly or hips! It is a wonder how I manage thus far with my weight gain and expanding belly that I haven't gotten any...yet. 

Maternity Clothes: My belly is somewhat pushing out against my maternity tops so it no longer feels loose on my top half of body anymore. I still manage to fit in some of my regular shirts which surprises me. I thought by this point; I won't be able to fit in some of my regular shirts....guess not! 

Sleep: Aside from my hips hurting from time to time, getting up at random hours to pee, and Baby Russ dancing like crazy when I am trying to go to sleep; sleep is pretty good these days! Let's hope it will continue for awhile. 

Best Moment(s) of the Week: Visiting Stu's family for Easter. Seeing Stu dance to Deathliest Catch theme song on TV--he cracked me up so much to the point that my tummy hurt and caused Baby Russ to dance like crazy. Seeing Baby Russ on ultrasound, seeing Stu's reaction to hearing Baby Russ's heartbeat, and seeing him for the first time since WEEK 8. Stu was really excited to confirm the gender too! Spending birthday lunch with Lauren, Joey, and Sam. Oh...Stu also felt Baby Russ's strong kick last night and he was really thrilled about that. 


Baby Russ is hanging on to his cord. 

Food Craving: Same, same, same old. I recently had BBQ Ribs that Bobbie, my mother in law, made and it sure put some groove in to Baby Russ! I felt Baby Russ moving like crazy for good half hour after I ate BBQ Ribs. 

Food Aversion: Still pretty much the same--anything greasy or smells funky to me. 

Symptoms: Heartburn. Joy. It's from anything too spicy (I am too stubborn to stop eating spicy food), or eating too much in one sitting. I have not had much symptoms this week aside from heartburn. 

Movements: Baby Russ is doing a lot of flips and kicking. The best part is that the kicking and movements are getting stronger enough to be felt on the outside! I love having my hands on my belly and feeling Baby Russ bump against my belly. 

What Do I Miss: Actually nothing at this point because I am just so happy to be carrying Baby Russ. 

Belly Button In Or Out: In process of being turned inside out. It's shallow and looking funkier as the weeks go by.

Wedding Ring On Or Off: On. 

Gender: 
Baby Russ is a BOY!!!!!!!!!!! 


Looking Forward To: Having my mom visit tomorrow so we can shop for baby clothes! Being able to say who Baby Russ is a boy for once and all since it has been almost 100% confirmed that he is all way boy! 

Next Appointment: May something...I have it written down on my calendar though! But it's in May for sure! 

1 comment :