Saturday, May 5, 2012

WEEK 24 BUMP





How Far Along: 24 weeks! According to the pregnancy book I have; it says that babies at this point can survive outside the womb even though their lungs have not fully matured, while it is interesting to know, but Baby Russ needs to stay in there to bake longer! 

How Big Is Baby: My Lil' guy is between 10.5-11.8 inches long (he's on the smaller side according to my ultrasound technician), and between 1.3-1.4 pounds (he is probably on the heavier side). This makes him to be as big as a Grapefruit! 

Total Weight Gain: 15 lbs in total. 

Stretch Marks: I'm still thanking my lucky stars. None at all! I've been keeping myself very hydrated (drinking a lot of water), avoiding from itching at my belly, & using Cocoa Palmer lotion to keep my skin moist. 

Maternity Clothes: I like to grab anything that is cute on the sale especially at Target. I prefer to keep the maternity clothes at limit because I know I will get bigger this come summer so why waste money on too many clothes that won't fit me in a month or two from now? I'm investing in cute summer dresses though! 

Sleep: Fair. I get too stiff if I stay in one position for too long so I often have to flip over to other side throughout the night. I also get up to pee a lot. People who says that peeing thing will be reduced during second trimester does not ring true for me. Darn. Stu has been pretty nice to me lately by letting me sleep in and not having me to get up to make him breakfast/lunch before he heads out to work so I get a bit of extra uninterrupted sleep. 

Best Moment(s) of the Week: Slowly having things fill up Baby Russ's room, decorating Baby Russ's room, organizing his clothes and blankets to be washed, organizing the books, and toys for Baby Russ! Enjoying glimpses of this beautiful weather.  

Food Craving(s): Still same stuff; plenty of yummy fruits, cheese and crackers, & meat is still pretty high on my list. 

Food Aversion: Still the same old--grease/greasy food. 

Symptoms: Heartburn. What's new? My ribs have been bugging me lately; I plan on asking Dr. Mbah about the deal regarding my sore ribs because I'm not sure if Baby Russ is tucked under my ribs or my ribs are being expanded due to my pregnancy. Klutz-y behavior. Nosebleed thanks to this constant shifting weather. Linear Nigra becoming darker--I am recently told that it is more common in women who are pregnant with boys than women who are pregnant with girls. I am not really sure if it's even true and think it may really depend on each woman's body...but who knows? 

Movements: It is my favorite thing in the whole world now. Baby Russ likes to jab, punch, kick, and roll. 

What Do I Miss: Not being pregnant sometimes. Don't get me wrong; I love being pregnant and it is a joyous experience. It is so much fun carrying my little boy. I just love it. I feel pretty lucky because I had almost non-existent morning sickness in first trimester, and smooth sailing so far in my second trimester. At the same time, I feel I've been pregnant forever!! 

Belly Button In Or Out: Semi-inside, semi-outside. I'm waiting for it to pop out...but it has not done so yet. 

Wedding Ring On or Off: Still on. I guess signing helps to keep my fingers slender.....HA. We will see if that will be true this come summer when the humidity hits! 

Gender: A boy. 

Looking Forward To: Our first childbirth class tonight (It went well--and Stu made me laugh the entire time)!  Maybe meeting some great friends from out of the town for dinner this weekend (We did meet and had fun).  Setting up lunch/dinner dates with my friends before I get way too big to travel and enjoy anything! Scheduling events to do for this month is one of my favorite things to do...yeah I'm a bit geeky like that! 

Next Appointment: Monday May 7th.