Thursday, May 17, 2012

WEEK 26 BUMP





How Far Along: 26 weeks! Only 2 more weeks until I'm officially in 3rd trimester! Home stretch time.......it is amazing to think that we will be parents in such short period of time! 

How Big Is Baby: My little boy is anywhere between 13.6 to 14.8 inches long, and tipping over into 2-pounds range! I certainly can feel him getting fatter in my belly. He's about the size of a head lettuce--that totally reminds me of Cabbage Patch Kids...creepy little dolls, aren't they? 

Total Weight Gain: 19 pounds! 

Stretch Marks: I'm still kissing my lucky stars, knocking on the wood, and thanking my great genes because I still have not earned any of tiger stripes yet. 

Maternity Clothes: You know what is difficult? To find a maternity swimsuit at a reasonable price! Dang. I don't want to spend $100 on a swimsuit that I will only wear for the last 3 months of being pregnant. Ridiculous. Okay, rant over! Update: I found some reasonable priced swim-suits at Old Navy and Target.....

Sleep: According to my standard; it is fair despite peeing a lot during the night, and tossing around to find a comfortable spot. I can feel Baby Russ moving down with the gravity when I turn over to find a comfortable spot for my sore hip. He is pretty a good boy for letting me sleep through the night though. 

Best Moment(s) of the Week: Getting Mother's Day cards and wishes from people I love, an absolutely sweet card from Stu (he always write the most heartfelt messages), drinking yummy Vanilla Bean Decaf Frap coffee, having beautiful weather stay around for more than a day, Stu signing us up at Y--that means I'll be able to swim this summer--rock on, and feeling Baby Russ getting stronger with his movements. 

Food Craving(s): Still the same especially the French Fries thing. I'm doing a good job of curbing my craving for French Fries though! Strawberries seem to be a big thing lately. I can't seem to get enough of delicious strawberries! It makes me want to go to strawberry-picking...seriously. 

Food Aversion(s): Still the same. 

Symptoms: My rib pain is still there...but the pain seem to have lessen which is good! Round ligament pain especially when I am walking Layla; I highly doubt it is Braxton hicks though. I think it is still too early for BH symptoms, but I could be wrong. Heartburn. Klutzy. A bit of headache if I don't keep myself hydrated enough. My belly gets itchy from time to time and thank goodness for lotion to help it to go away.  

Movements: Baby Russ has his lazy days when he doesn't move as much which is very common on the days when I am always on go go go go doing errands, walking, and etc. On most days, he is very active. He likes to kick and jab when I am about to wake up--demanding little boy, isn't he? He also move like crazy if I eat something he really likes like strawberries, ice cream, french fries, or hamburgers--a typical boy! Sometimes, my stomach move by itself which is really weird to see! 

What Do I Miss: Sushi! I have been wanting Sushi lately, but I can't eat raw sushi. I can eat vegetable or cooked ones, but it's not the same as the REAL thing.

Belly Button In or Out: It has been turning inside out lately. It's not out completely so it's like half-outtie? 

Wedding Ring On or Off: I take my ring off during the night because it gets way too snug on my finger when I wake up in the morning. I don't want to risk one day of not being able to take my ring off at all. So it is better to be safe than sorry to take my ring off for the night. 

Looking Forward To: This weekend! I'm excited to be heading down to my hometown and visiting some of my family that I have not seen in a while. 

Next Appointment: May 30th at 1 pm. I'm thinking about eating at Panera's Bread for my healthy meal 2 hours prior the appointment. Yum Yum. 

1 comment :

  1. Glad things are going well! You look great. BTW: Target has more online as well. I got mine last pregnancy there. They are hard to find!

    ReplyDelete