Thursday, May 31, 2012

WEEK 28 BUMP



How Far Along: 28 weeks! I'm now in my third trimester, and the seventh month of my pregnancy! It will be 12 weeks until my little guy makes his debut in the world, assuming if he goes to full term and arrives on time...crazy, isn't it? 

How Big Is Baby: Little guy is about 2.5 to 3 pounds, and measuring between 13.6 to 14.8 inches. He's gaining more fat on his bones! His lungs are finally done developing. The next step is have his brain to be fully developed. Baby Russ is as big as an Eggplant! 

Total Weight Gain: 28 lbs. A quick geek moment; I find it funny that I am 28 weeks and have gained 28 pounds at this point. Yeah I like finding the patterns in random things. Okay, geek moment over.


I had gained 9 pounds in a month! Looking around at myself.....where does all this weight go to though? It's all in my belly! I had no idea how that happened....oh wait, those cupcakes from the baby shower? Some of it probably, but mostly it is just my little guy growing! I've noticed that I go through "spurts" with Baby Russ where some months I don't gain much then next, I gain more. Overall, I do hope I won't end up gaining over 45 pounds, but it is what it is. 


Stretch Marks: None! I have no idea how that is possible with my recent crazy weight gain. 

Maternity Clothes: I recently purchased a plain black swimsuit from Target for $30...and it was on sale! Originally it was $45. I totally rocked that purchase! I also got a cute maternity dress from Target and got a chance to rock it at the Russ Baby Shower this recent Sunday. Yay. And the dress I wore was the same one as pictured above! 

Sleep: I am starting to tuck pillow under my belly because if I don't then my round ligament pain increases a bit from the baby's weight. I find it helpful to support my belly while I sleep. 

Best Moment(s) of the Week: Russ Baby shower; that was so much fun and we got a lot of neat stuff for our little guy! I bought 7 frames, which my dad took pictures of me fingerspelling Baby Russ's first name, from Dollar store and it only cost me $7. I had a visit with a good friend and got more big boy baby clothes from her! The best part...I passed my Prenatal Glucose test! 

Food Craving(s): Berries and Strawberries along with meat and cheese are still high on my list. 

Food Aversion(s): Same. Same (greasy food). 

Symptoms: Feeling dizzy and out of breath. What helps is that I walk around and it seems to pull up my blood pressure enough to cause the dizziness to go away. What else also help is slowly getting up or moving to my other side. For feeling out of breath...that has to wait until Baby Russ drops! Rib pain is still there thanks to my little guy's foot or head. 


Recently, I had a Charley Horse cramp from hell at 4:30 am and scared the living wits out of Stu. He thought I was in premature labor....but no, it was my leg seizing up into an awful cramp. Fortunately, he knew what to do and relieved the leg cramp. Whew! No more sitting crossed-legged for me from now on until this little guy gets out of his home! 

Movements: My little guy scared me a bit last week since he was not moving as strongly as he was previously. I ended up getting an advice from my doctor's office. I drank a glass of OJ and laid on my  left side and sure enough; he started bumping around, and was perfectly fine! I think I was so busy last week running around that I simply did not pay attention to his movements. After that he was back to his old self; jabbing at my side (which I do not find very pleasant...it feels like he is tickling from the inside), rolling, kicking, and feeling his way around. 

What Do I Miss: Being able to walk through a narrow space or  between other people without my belly bumping into anything! 

Belly Button In or Out: OUT. People have been noticing my belly button through my shirts! 

Wedding Ring On or Off: OFF especially with this hot weather going on. **Well, for past 2 days; it has been cold again, why Wisconsin you are being a tease, I am able to wear my wedding ring again. At least I know when summer arrives and stays here for good then I won't be able to wear my wedding ring regularly anymore.

Looking Forward To: Aiken Baby shower on my side this weekend! I have a good feeling that we will get bulk of everything we need/want for Baby Russ, and we will only need to get a few remaining things for nursery room plus hospital bag. Starting my search for the baby doctor!!! 

Next Appointment: I am now starting to see Dr. Mbah every 2 weeks! My next appointment is June 12th at 10:30 am. 

2 comments :

  1. Hmmmm name with 7 letters huh?! That's a good little clue! :)

    ReplyDelete