Thursday, July 5, 2012

WEEK 33





How Far Along: 33 weeks! 


How Big is Baby Russ: He is about 4.5 pounds, and between 17.2 to 18.7 inches long. He will gain a full inch this week! From this point on, Baby Russ will steadily gain half a pound to a full pound per week! He is as big as a Durian fruit (If you are a fan of Andrew Zimmerman from Bizzare Food on Travel channel then you'd know that Durian fruit is actually a crappy-tasting fruit that has a texture of a raw oyster). Here's a picture of a Durian Fruit: 


Total Weight Gain: 32 pounds. 

Stretch Marks: None. 

Sleep: Still okay. I feel more tired these days. It is a lot of work to move from one side to other side with a big belly in the way! It has been a hot couple days lately as well--so it made sleeping a bit more uncomfortable than usual. I don't think I've had a full night of sleep since I've gotten pregnant! 

Best Moment(s) of the Week: Kicking Stu's butt at Y while swimming laps, enjoying July of 4th festivals with Stu, being domestic by making all yummy food, & feeling my guy moving around inside. 

Food Craving(s): Grapes is a big one this week! I plowed through nearly 2 bags of grapes last week (well, with help of Stu). My little guy sure liked the grapes--he constantly moved and jived around when I ate grapes. 

Food Aversion(s): Unchanged. Baby Russ didn't like cream soda (that happened to be my favorite soda). So I guess that meant no more drinking soda--not a big deal I'm not a big soda person anyway! At least, Baby Russ was okay with me drinking Vanilla Bean Frappucio from Starbucks. 

Symptoms: I had a toughest time dealing with  my rib pain on the right side. Dang! Bouncing on Yoga Ball, and stretching my arm over my head does help to relieve the pain for a bit. Baby Russ won't budge his foot/feet out of my ribs. It's his favorite resting spot for his foot/feet. Geez. 

Labor Signs: Wow! On 4th of July; we had to go into labor and delivery since Baby Russ was not moving for a few hours, and we were worried. On-Call DR from Women Specialty Care told us to go in. It turned out that our little guy was just perfectly comfortable in his little home, and I was having contractions! I was kind of surprised because I didn't peg achy feeling to be contractions. It turned out that I was a bit dehydrated from this hot weather we have been having lately. I was found not to be a risk of pre-term labor for next 2 weeks, and we were released. I was told to drink more fluids on top of what I was already drinking! 


Now, I have to wait until next Wednesday for my appointment and have Dr. Mbah look at me and make sure all is good (meaning contractions have stopped). 

Movements: Sure, my little guy likes to poke his way around, stretch his legs or arms (that kind of feels weird in really uncomfortable way), hiccuping, and sort of slides his back against my belly. 

What Do I Miss: Being able to get up without needing assistance! If I sit on the floor then there's no way I can get up without gripping on edge of my coffee table, or on my bed or having Stu help me get up. 

Belly Button In or Out: Out. It bulges out a bit when Baby Russ presses his knee against it. It's weird! 

Wedding Ring On or Off: Off. 

Looking Forward To: Getting my changing table for Baby Russ room on Monday! 

Next Appointment: Wednesday July 11 at 1:45 pm. Thankfully, Stu will be done with teaching summer school so he will be able to take me to my weekly appointments after that appointment! It will be nice for him to hear Baby Russ's heartbeat and be updated with me there. 

2 comments :

  1. You've got to be THE cutest pregnant person I've ever seen! :) Can't wait to see how dang cute Baby Russ is gonna be!

    ReplyDelete