Friday, August 3, 2012

WEEK 37






How Far Along: 37 Weeks! He is considered to be FULL TERM! Baby Russ's eviction date is approaching soon!

How Big Is Baby Russ: Baby Russ is between 18.9 to 20.9 inches and is not growing any taller beyond that. He is guesstimated to be at between 6 to 7 pounds! Baby Russ is as big as a Winter Melon. It's some kind of melon that looks a lot like a squash? See the picture down below: 


Total Weight Gain: 40 pounds. The funny thing is when I tell people that I have gained 40 pounds, people look at me and say where?! I just look like I had swallowed a basketball! Strangers are now stopping me almost constantly asking me when I am due and what gender I am having. Some of them even want to touch my belly. I guess I have become a Buddha that brings them good luck or something? 

Stretch Marks: Nothing. *Knocks on the wood* I'm pretty happy with how nice my belly skin looks. 

Sleep: I get up a lot during the night to pee. Between me drinking water all of the time because I am thirsty and Baby Russ pressing against my bladder, I am already used to getting up every 2 hours by now.  I try to take a nap, but oddly enough, I don't feel tired enough to take a nap. I'm not the only one suffering from irregular sleeping pattern. Stu has not been sleeping the best either lately! 

Best Moment(s) of the Week: Seeing my mom and Marlene over the weekend, getting a cute bassinet, and even more quilts for Baby Russ! He is one very lucky baby to have so many beautiful quilts! Hanging out with our neighbors for a cook-out. Seeing Russ Family, even though under a sad circumstance, it is still really good to see them! Feeling Baby Russ's heart beat on the fetal doppler--154--strong and steady. 


Aunt Rosalie made this for Baby Russ
(Froggy theme) 

Aunt Marlene fixed up the bassinet that we
found at a thrift store a few months ago!
She decorated the edge, added frogs, and
fixed up the mattress. It looked amazing!
It was to be matched with the quilt that Aunt Ro made.

Beautiful quilt that Sue and Roseanne
made for Baby Russ! 
Sue also made this.
It is ASL (American Sign Language) for Love.
Beautiful, huh? 
Food Craving(s): Sweet food. I'm glad I only gained a pound given with how much sweet food I've been eating! Sheesh. I found out recently that it's normal for some women to start craving sweet food especially so close to the end to help the baby to bulk up on the fat. Grilled Zucchini and squash are really YUMMY and I can't seem to get enough of it! 

Food Aversion(s): None this week. I just avoid food I don't like for most part of my pregnancy. 

Symptoms: Achy lower back. Feeling tired. Sore ribs. You know, typical pregnant woman symptoms! I'm getting more antsy and impatient because my due date is approaching closer and closer. There's a lot of anxiety about becoming a mama for the first time, adjustment to life with a newborn, a lot of excitement about meeting my son, showing him off, and being a mama. So there's a lot of emotional upheaval going on lately with all those emotions coursing through my mind! 


CBC update: Dr. Mbah says that my platelet is really low and has been steadily dropping. She wants me to be monitored every week. If today's test result comes back at some point today and shows that my blood platelets have dropped again then I'm looking at being induced at 39 weeks if I don't deliver Baby Russ naturally before then! 

Labor Signs: Baby Russ's head is right on the cervix, and that means he is engaged. My belly looks a bit lower. I've been having a lot of BH contractions here and there. Dr. Mbah definitely can feel Baby Russ's head when she checks on me. According to her, I'm 50% effaced, and 1 cm dilated. So....maybe Baby Russ will be making his debut very, very, very soon!! 

Movements: Baby Russ likes to stretch out, poke his way around, and hiccup quite a lot. 

What Do I Miss: Hmm....I really want a deli sandwich. I'm looking forward to having a big fat deli sandwich after I deliver my son! 

Looking Forward To: Meeting Baby Russ soon!!! 

Next Appointment: Thursday August 9 at 10 am. That is if nothing happens before then? 

2 comments :

  1. I'm one centimeter dilated too! She never said anything about effaced, so i'm not sure haha. Our symptoms are about the same too!! My little man has decided he dislikes my right side ribs and likes to lodge his foot there & leave it! But both my ribs have been sore as well, I'll be 38 weeks on sunday and i've noticed a lot of hip pain!! I've gained 46 lbs....everyone is like you don't look like it, but boy do i feel like it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

    ReplyDelete