Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Just Got Nominated.....


I am honored to be nominated for Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! Thank you Ali, from Chasing Moonlights and Roses, for nominating me! Feel free to check out Ali's blog. She is a mama to a sweet baby girl, a wife to a wonderful man, and her blog posts, mostly focused on motherhood, are great read especially over a cup of coffee in the mornings! It is a really nice feeling to know that my blog has positively impacted my followers. Now I am off to nominate 7 bloggers that I admire and enjoy following/reading. I wish I can pick more than 7 though! 

The rules: 

1. Thank the blogger that gave you the award
2. Post 7 things about yourself
3. Pick 7 blogs to pass on the award and let them know



10 facts about this awesome blogger...ME!
(I can't just do 7 facts so 10 it is, ha ha)

1. I am Deaf. After almost twenty-eight years of soul-searching; I am happy to say that I finally feel pretty comfortable in my own skin especially with my Deaf identity. This is why I try to post a weekly topic regarding Deaf issues on my blog. Feel free to contact me if you have questions and I will write a post with an answer! 

2. I am married to a wonderful man, who is not Deaf, Stu, and we have been together for nearly 8 years! He does know sign language and I feel darned lucky to have him as my husband.

3. I am a proud mama of almost 2 months old son, Forrest. He is a joy and blessing in my life. He has definitely changed my perspective about life. 

4. English isn't my first language. Sign Language is. This is why you may find an occasional grammar mistake here and there even though I try my best to edit before publishing my posts! 

6. I ♥ exotic food: Vietnamese, Thai, Chinese, Italian, Mexican, Seafood, and pretty much everything. I'm pretty adventurous with food! Can you tell? *winks* 

7.  I am a hopeless romantic. 

8. I LOVE zombies.

9. Fall is my favorite time of the year. I love feeling dried fallen leaves crunching under my feet. I love the crispy air with warm sunshine. I pull out my fall recipes. I think fall fashion is the best. It signals the beginning of holidays yet to come!

10. I dislike intentional ignorance, smells that are off-putting, procrastination, people who are habitually tardy, people who self-justify their bad actions, liars, certain food textures, and being stifled.

Found via Google
Now my favorite part....nominating folks' blogs! Feel free to check out their blogs, really, go ahead and check them out!

1. Enjoying the Small Things: This woman, Kelly Hampton, is a photographer and a wonderful mama to two beautiful little girls. Kelly's blog is beautifully written about her life, advocating and educating about Down's Syndrome, enjoying life as it is, and sharing sweet pictures on her posts. It's a perfect balance of everything! I've been hooked to her blog since day one when I discovered her. A great read!

2. The Art of Making a Baby: I absolutely love this blog! It is about motherhood, fashion, exercise, and what-have-you. She also has beautiful pictures of her little chub baby girl, and of life in general. I really appreciate her honesty, creativity, and free-spirited reading! 

3. A belly for Me & A Baby for You: This blog is being run by two bloggers; a surrogate mom named Tiffany, and an intended mom named Natalie. Tiffany is carrying twins for her sister-in-law, Natalie, and it is an amazing journey for them both. 

4. Surviving a Surprise Parenthood: I think this blog is really a funny read. The blogger has had a surprise pregnancy and ended up having a baby girl. I love her honesty, sarcasm, and bluntness about motherhood. It's not always rainbow and unicorns to be a mama! 

5. Little Baby Garvin: It's a stinking cute read! I found her through Pinterest (gotta love that site even though I'm rarely on it these days due to my little guy keeping me busy) and she was documenting her pregnancy. It is where I got my idea from! Anyway, this woman is a young mom of a sweet little girl, Harper, and she enjoys writing and posting pictures of Harper. Also, she talks a lot about motherhood and life. It's a cute read. You'll like it!

6. Pretty Little Mommy Things: This blogger, Michelle, is a mom of a little boy and just had a beautiful baby girl named Olivia. Michelle is a photographer so she uses a lot of pictures on her blog which I really like. She recently threw an angry bird birthday party for her son and it was so creative!!! Love it! 

7. A Pseudonym's Point of View:  The last, but not the least! L.A. Aiken is an awesome budding writer. She enjoys writing poetry and fashion. I love her deep thoughts, unique perspective, and willingness to write about raw emotions. Love it!


If I don't nominate your blog then do not fear because I definitely love and enjoy reading your blog! You're more likely to be next on the list to be nominated for future features! I'm always on the quest for finding awesome bloggers to follow! 

4 comments :

  1. Congrats on the nomination! I found your blog from TNH and look forward to reading your posts.

    I love that one of your 10 things about you was that you love Zombies. Do you watch Walking Dead? My husband and I have 1 episode of Season 2 left to watch in time for Sunday's WD premiere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad you enjoy reading my posts. I try to make it enjoyable for you guys to follow and read!

      Absolutely, Stu and I even make it our weekly date to watch The Walking Dead. :)

      Delete
  2. That is really interesting to me that you're Deaf. (I hope that doesn't make me sound like an ass, I just mean that I love diversity and people comfortable in their own skin and who are strong and living life to it's fullest.)

    Fall is definitely my favorite season as well. So much to love about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, never. :) You can ask me anything about my Deafness. I'm pretty open! Seriously, fall is the best season we have here in Wisconsin..I mean, what is there not to like about fall?!

      Delete