Monday, December 31, 2012

Bring it on, 2013!



So, 2012 didn't end in a bang or overcome by zombie Apocalypse. The holidays had shuffled off, and brought the promises yet to come in a brand-new year. 


Stu, and I are planning on just kicking back, drinking our bubbly, chowing down on cocktail shrimps along with our home-made baked pizza on the fired-oven pan while watching Ryan Seacreast filling in large shoes of Dick Clark for New Year's celebrations on TV. We like the sound of just relaxing especially after so much traveling for Christmas. We are also in the midst of transiting Forrest to his crib. We really don't want to disturb his routine by taking him out somewhere. We are only a few days into crib switch from co-sleeping, and it has been a big change for all of us especially for this mama.

I admit that I cried a bit when we first moved Forrest into his own bedroom. It is hard to be pregnant for 9 months, then having our little guy co-sleep with us in our bedroom for 4 months, and to suddenly have him move down the hallway away from us. A piece of my heart is no longer right there by me. It is why I kind of knew that it is right time for Forrest to be in his own room because it is getting to the point where it is more for me than it is for him. It is getting progressively easier with passing night to have Forrest in the other room for both Forrest and myself.


With all of this happening, I sit back, and think of seven important lessons I have learned in 2012.

1) Time and experience heals pain. Pain, whether it is physical or emotional, is inevitable. Allow pain make you stronger, and learn from it. It is not necessarily a bad thing in a long run. I've learned a lot about myself through pain. Being in labor, and delivering my son is one of the hardest things I've gone through physically, and I am amazed at how my body can handle the pain. I've discovered a new respect for my body.

2) Life goes on. Really do enjoy your life as much as you can. Ever since having Forrest, I look at the kids in my family, and see how fast they've grown; it is a humbling reminder that everything won't stay the same forever, and it is good to enjoy them as it goes.

3) I can let go of people that don't belong in my life. I'm not obligated to keep them. They don't deserve a spot in my life just because. If they've earned that spot in the past, it doesn't mean they get to keep it forever. I deserve to have people in my life out of love, not obligation.

4) When you love who you are, and when you embrace your self-confidence, amazing things happen around you. Enuff said. It is pretty amazing thing to realize that people like you for liking yourself, and it freaks me out a little bit too, being a hermit that I am.

5) I've learned that being the main character in my own story is way better than just being a supporting one. I always put people first, and it was always about them, and rarely about me. Allowing my life to be about me and what I want? Best thing ever.

6) Speaking my truth, about my past experiences, my deafness, my entrance in motherhood, and dealing with life, it all has its purpose. A wonderful purpose of letting others know that they are not alone. Sharing my story is something I have lost the fear of doing.

7) I have learned that I need to listen to myself more often. I've always had a habit of letting others people's opinions have more weight than my own, and that is no way to live. I'm much happier when I listen to my heart telling me what to do. It is when your life has become more authentic.

What have you learned from the year 2012? 

2 comments :

  1. That was just beautiful and I think I will try to reflect on my blog in the same way over the next few days <3
    And just thank you for being such an inspiration <3

    ReplyDelete