Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Liebster Award

I have been recently nominated for yet another blogging award called The Liebster Award. Thank you Victoria & Ali for thinking of me! *This nomination goes to those bloggers who have a following of less than 200 to promote other bloggers to comment, and share, and to get know to each other! I think it is a fun idea. If you get nominated, you can't nominate the person who nominated you (tag-backs)!

*Thank you Frozen OJ for also nominating me. :)

11 Interesting Tid-Bits About Me 


 photo tumblr_m4sa3vIS4N1r9hda8.gif



1. Even though I am almost 28, I still am learning who I am all about, and loving every minute of it. 

2. I used not to really like comedy. I found comedy-based movies to be extremely annoying...until I met my husband, and that was what helped me to get through my long-distance relationship with Stu. Now I absolutely love them. 

3. I am Deaf. I've been Deaf either since birth or shortly after birth. I communicate by using American Sign Language.

4. It takes me time to warm up. Once I've warmed up, I'm pretty fun person to be around with. Just gotta be patient and give me time.

5. Even though I am Deaf, I absolutely love music, and the lyrics.

 photo tumblr_lpz4mifWlx1r0nyt2o1_400.gif


6. I love GIFS. I don't know what it is about them, but I just love using them to express how I feel. My photobucket account is FULL of Gifs! 

7. Glittery stuff and polka dots. Love them!!! 

8. I am a GEEK, and pretty proud of it. I love Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Wars, Mario Super Brothers Nintendo game, graphic novels, Rocky Horror Picture Show, anything that is out of ordinary or off-beat, and ZOMBIES. 
 photo tumblr_lcvcfoiKx91qcidhko1_500.gif


9. Tigers is my favorite animal. 

10. I have always felt most home near an ocean. 

11. I can't stand people who are dishonest. Just tell it to my face. I'm a big girl, and can handle what you have to say. This is not high school anymore. 


Now on to answer some questions! Since I've been nominated by 2 different bloggers, I decided to pick questions that I liked from both of them, and answer them! I hope it is okay to do this! What the heck, it's my blog, and I can do whatever I like! 

1. What is it that you get out of blogging? 




I find that blogging is my outlet. I have a huge love for writing, and it comes natural to me that I want to write a blog. I find that I do enjoy educating people about Deaf culture, or what I've learned, and my latest thing I like educating people is about cloth diapers! I also want to leave some kind of token for my son, and my future children to look back, and know who their Mama is like. I find that I enjoy looking back, and finding out what lessons I've learned, or discovering lessons I may have missed at that time, and learn from it. I think people can relate to me through my experiences even though our worlds may differ drastically, and they enjoy what I have to write about! 
2. If you could do any job in the world, what would it be? 

This is easy one. I would love to be like Steve Irwin, and run a zoo. I would love to work with animals, travel all over the world, and educate people about animals. I've always been very passionate about animals, and the wildlife. If I could start all over again, then I would have gone with a biology degree instead of psychology, and go down that road. 
3. What is your best and worst traits? 


My best trait would be my empathy. I've always been very empathetic, and I am innately in tune with other people's emotions. Because of this, I always make sure that others feel safe, and fit in. I think it has a lot to do with my Deafness. I notice little things that other people ordinarily will overlook. Because of this, I have a very soft spot in my heart toward underdogs. Perhaps, it is because I am also an underdog. My worst trait would be my temper. I can have a bad temper. I've gotten a lot better over the years in reining my temper, and learning how to express myself better during the moments of anger, disappointment, or hurt. 
4. What is your biggest hope for 2013?


To make things happen for me, and put myself first. I have always put others ahead of me, and have made sacrifices in my life for others. Now I am a mother, and it is one of the best roles I have in my life. Because of my son, I feel more compelled to better my life, and to not let some fears hold me back from doing things I would like to do. That may be as small as signing up for a yoga class, and going by myself to have a break from motherhood, life, and everything else. I also have so much hope for my son. I look forward to him growing up, and achieving all milestones before becoming one! 

5. What is your favorite book and why?



Enough said.


6. If you could donate to any charity then what would it be for and why?

It would have to be for any charities that are targeted for animal service for vulnerable adults, and children (Dogs for Deaf, Dogs for the Blind, 4 paws for ability, etc). I have personally seen up front how much service animals have given back to their owners, who may be disabled through physical condition, or emotionally wounded such as veteran soldiers, children or adults with disabilities, and those who suffers with mental health issues. 
7. What do you look for in your significant other?


I am already married to a pretty awesome guy. He has surpassed all my requirements, ha ha. What I wanted were: Honesty, non-judgmental, committed, spontaneous (I'm too serious for my own good sometimes, and need to be reminded to have fun), same political values, same values, compassion toward animals and vulnerable people, ambition for life, passionate, respectful  good hygiene, flexible, and outgoing. 
8. What is your favorite TV show?




 Hands down? The Walking Dead. 
9. What is the meaning behind your blog title?


Every Little Beautiful Pieces is the title of my blog. It is basically about not overlooking the small details that brings so much joy to our lives. It can be a simple love note from my husband, a smile from Forrest, or a loving gaze from my stinky Basset Hound. I collect small things all of the time, and scrapbook them. I love looking through them, and seeing such meaning that small things bring to my life. One day, I will look back, and know that I had it pretty good. Because of this, I try my best to stay in the moment, and enjoy life as it is. 
10. When you are having a bad day, what is it to helps you to get make it through the day?


 photo tumblr_lyfy4dCDUq1rnpww0o1_250.gif
A glass of wine. My wonderful friends. Blogging. Comments from my followers. Reading a really good book in a bubble bath. My son's smile, hugs, and kisses. My husband. Journal. Watch a movie. Go for a walk if it's nice outside. Remind myself that it is only a day, and that tomorrow will be much better. 
11. What is your favorite memory?


I have several. As a little girl, helping Dad to cook dinner was the highlight of my visits with him.  Spending time with my family. Lion's Camp with my wonderful girlfriends. My first formal dance with my husband. Shopping for wedding things with Mom and my aunts. Getting married. Giving birth to my son. 

12. What is your favorite quote?  


I have many favorite quotes, and it varies day to day. However, this one has always stood out to me. “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” Marilyn Monroe

 photo tumblr_ls7lbj5muF1qie8ne.gif


Now I have 11 questions to ask for those who I have nominated....

1. What is your biggest regret in your life, and why?
2. Why do you blog? 
3. What is the meaning behind your blog title? 
4. Who is your hero?
5. What is the best thing you've ever done?
6. If you could change anything about yourself, and what would it be? 
7. What is a current trend that you can't stand? 
8. What is your most embarrassing moment?
9. Did you have an experience that totally changed your life?
10. If you could pick an era, which one would you choose, and why?
11. Name one of your dreams that you have achieved. 


Now the fun part...nominations!(I'm pretty sure that some of the bloggers nominated may have over 200 followers, but I can't not nominate them): 




2 comments :

  1. Omigoodness :) You're too sweet!

    Thank you for the smile! I'll have to get on my own entry now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting answers to the list! Very nice blog.

    ReplyDelete