Friday, March 1, 2013

Cloth Diapering Friday: Rash Cream

I am quite excited because I just ordered an adorable wet bag in a large size, and a matching small traveling wet bag. The large bag should hold between 15-20 soiled diapers, depending on what brand is being used, and the traveling size should hold between 2-3 diapers. I am an avid supporter of small businesses especially if they are run by working mamas. Here is her shop: Five to Nine Cloth Wet Bags, if you want to check it out for yourself, and I think prices are really reasonable for hand-made products. 

Last week, I mentioned that with cloth diapers, you cannot use regular rash creams because they are petroleum-based. If you use regular rash cream, designed for disposable diapers, for cloth diapers then you will find that the rash cream will leave a thin layer of barrier behind, and it will repel urine or poop off cloth diaper. In other words, it basically causes your cloth diaper to leak! 

Some people think that cloth diapers is the source of rashes, and infections. Because of this, they avoid from wanting to try cloth diapers. Let me clear this up for you: Anatomy of a Diaper Rash. Go through the checklist first, and give cloth diapers another try! 




Currently, I am a big fan of Arbonne Baby Skin Care products. They are very environmentally friendly, and does not have harsh chemicals in them. It comes in 4.7 oz bottle, and is priced at $15 for customers. I use it for Forrest's bum. I really like the smell of the cream, and its texture. The only bad thing about it is that it doesn't get rid of serious rashes. I'm not sure if it's because I'm still using disposables, and Forrest is sensitive to them. I will be able to tell you more once I use this with cloth diapers. 



The other rash cream that is cloth diaper safe is distributed by Earth Mama Angel Products. I do love their stuff--I buy Mother's Tea from them, and it has worked for me! As for the rash cream, I have not tried it yet. However, mothers swear by them. Angel Baby Bottom Balm is great for cloth diapers. Small jar is priced at $8.50, and large jar is priced at $12.95. You can shop for this at Earth Mama Angel Baby. They carry a lot of great products for pregnancy, mother/nursing, weaning, and baby products. You won't be disappointed with them. 


I am very intrigued by this. Several Mamas swear by using Pure Coconut oil. It is not geared just for cloth diapers rash cream, and you can use it for many things. For instance, this can be used for cradle cap, massaging, sun burns, and hair care. I am sure the list goes on. I'm too lazy to do a research on it right now. You can buy a big tub of this to save yourself some money. It can be irritating to buy a product over, and over, and over again because it does not come in bulk. We know how things can run out fast with babies! I need to look into this some more, and see what can be done with it. 






There are so many different products out there that you can use for cloth diaper rashes. Just make sure that they aren't petroleum-based, and you're good to go! 

I am going to leave you with an overload of cuteness! Isn't a baby bum, and fat rolls on the legs adorable? 

Thirsties Duo AIO