Monday, March 4, 2013

Life Doesn't Get Any Better Than This

This past weekend..........




Forrest, and I went to a friend's house to learn how make egg rolls! It was easier than I thought! Sunny graciously took her time to teach us how to prep lettuce, carrots, pork, and rice noodles to be wrapped up by thin layer of egg roll wrapper. My first few egg rolls were not very pretty. But I got a hang of it, and created some great looking egg rolls. 

It was also much-needed Mama time slash Deaf time. It had been too long since I was able to surround myself with other Deaf mamas. There was laughter, and stories swapped among circle of friends while the egg rolls sizzled in the fry pan. Forrest behaved himself; he played quietly on the mat among his toys, and babbled nosily to himself. Admittedly so, he was quite a hit among ladies. By the end of the day, there was a promise of more get-a-together to learn different recipes. 



In total, we must have made about 100 egg rolls! The outcome....delicious! I bought a container of my share back home to Stu. Let me tell you...it disappeared within a day. It was something I definitely planned on making again in the future. All the prep work was so worth eating the egg rolls. Yum.

I introduced Avocado puree once again into Forrest's diet. Forrest hesitantly accepted the puree...not without making several faces while eating it. I spent good five minutes bent over, clutching to my stomach, laughing at Forrest. That poor guy must have been so lost as why his mama was cracking up while spitting up Avocado all over his little chin. 


We even had a visit with Forrest's uncle Spencer, and his lovely girlfriend, Wally after we returned from our friend's house. Then as a bonus, a dear friend of mine informed me that she and her fiance were visiting in the town, and wanted to stop by to say hello last night. I gladly welcomed them into my home. What a pleasant surprise to have a steady stream of friends, and family hanging out over the weekend. 

After our dear friends left, I put my little man to bed, and marveled at this beautiful creation. His little chest rose and fell as his little rosebud lips puckered in his sleep. His long eyelashes, something to be envious of, batted lightly as he dreamed of only what babies dreamed of. I gently stroked his cheek, and kissed him good night then cuddled in the bed with my husband while we finished up Desperate Housewives final season. 

Life didn't get any better than this. 

On side note, you might have noticed that I have a new button on my sidebar showing that my blog is included Top Baby blogs. Feel free to click on it and vote for me! It's much appreciated if you do. I also have a button linking up to my blog that you are more than welcome to add on your blog. This week I should have It's the Deaf Thing post for you to enjoy and read! 

4 comments :

  1. (0:
    I love that you have such a fun community of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have some really good friends.

    Please feel free to go to my blog and use my code to put your button on my sidebar for free... http://ourtinyplace.blogspot.com/p/get-in-on-this.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a bit technology-challenged or may be misunderstanding what you said. I don't see a code on your page to put my button on you sidebar? I do see payments for ad space though. Mind clearing this up for me. Thanks! ;)

      Delete