Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Summer Bucket List '13 Conclusion

I can't believe that the summer is nearly over! It doesn't feel like it has been "summer" for us being so busy, and battling this odd fall-like weather instead of our typical humid warm Wisconsin summer. Nonetheless, looking at our bucket list; I think we did a really great job of hitting almost everything on the list, and some more!


1. Farmer's Market. I only went there once this summer as opposed to going there weekly or monthly. The reason was because where we live; our farmer's market was smaller than I thought, and it was kind of disappointing (there was only 3 booths, and they all sold the same products). It was nice to check it out, and support local businesses yet at the same time, I would have liked to see more diversity. 

2. Try a new recipe every week. I successfully did this! Rock on! My favorite recipes were spring rolls, beer bread, country style BBQ ribs, and meatballs that I found on Pinterest. My favorite drink recipe was sweet iced tea. It was in high demand for the bulk of the summer! It was so easy to make them all, and it was so much fun. I really enjoyed it. 

3. Larson's Famous Clydesdales. We haven't done this yet, but it is still on the list! I'm hoping that we will do it before fall rolls around. 

4. Twilight Garden Walk Tour. We missed this event. I forgot what we were doing. I think we were up north, and missed it. It was no big deal! 

5. Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary. Well, we did go to Bay Beach, but not wildlife sanctuary part. It is still up in the air if I still want to do it or not because we already visited Bay Beach Amusement Park (awesome place for kids and families). 

6. Participate in 5k Run. DONE DONE DONE! I was so proud of myself!!!

7. Strawberry Picking. I did not do this. It was too hard to find a local strawberry patch field within time constraint, and I never managed to find a right baby carrier. Next year! 

8. Visit Wisconsin Dells. This did not pan out. I kind of knew it though. 

9. Nature Hikes. We did this! Forrest was still a bit too young to appreciate the nature. At the same time, I was appreciative that we started young with him! It put in perspective for me to become more environmentally conscious. This summer was when I started opening my eyes to a lot of things about environment, and ignited my interest in finding ways to preserve the environment by becoming more aware. 

10. Mommy-Son Swim Class. This was so much fun! Forrest took to the water like a fish. He had so much fun with all the songs, and games. I was really happy that I signed us up for the class. 

11. Summer Concerts. Our community has local concerts every Friday night. We only managed to go one, and met up with our wonderful friends. To my surprise, I really enjoyed the evening, and Forrest had a blast!

12. Canning vegetables. I have not had a chance to do this yet, but I plan on canning spicy Beets. It will be a good way to harvest, and end the summer.

13. Use Camera everyday. I did not whip out camera every single day this summer. However, I definitely did use it a lot more especially for my blog, and to preserve the memories. 

14. Juice Maker. I lost the instruction manual. So I never got around to it. 

15. Grow herbs. I successfully grew Basil, Parsley, and Cilantro! It was so easy, and fun. I enjoyed watching the plants grow, and finally using them in salsa! I'm definitely doing this again next year! 

1 comment :

  1. A good list! I think we made pretty good on our summer list too, but since we didn't actually write it down now I'm not sure. Hm.

    All I know is summer seems too short this year. I already see leaves changing where I am and just keep thinking NOOOooooooo!

    ReplyDelete