Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Going to Take A Break For Christmas


It is once this time of the year again. The craziness is just around the corner. I'm both excited, and dreading all the traveling we have to do in next two to three weeks. This Friday, our little man, and I are heading down to my hometown to spend a week-ish with my family for Christmas. I am quite excited to see my siblings, and family. It has been awhile since I have last seen them. It is only one bad thing about the distance is less time being spent with both sides of our family. 

Yesterday, Forrest, and I braved shopping for Christmas. It was not that bad seeing we went during non-busy hours, and people were at work. I managed to finally FINISH Christmas shopping for everybody! What an accomplishment. I had to pick up new wipers for the Jeep since the current wipers was going kind of bad, and not doing its job. I just didn't want to risk driving two hours with faulty wipers, especially with a little guy traveling with me, and I would rather be safe than sorry. 

Like I said, we are planning on leaving this Friday, and staying through Christmas, then returning home to quickly do laundry, clean up, drop off our gifts from my side of the family, and load up the Jeep with gifts for Stu's side of the family. Then we are heading out to go up to the Farm for a weekend. It should be fun! After the weekend is done, Forrest, and I are heading back home to go through the same cycle of laundry, cleaning, dropping off the gifts, and what not, then driving back to my hometown. Boy, I tell you, that's a lot of driving! I hope Forrest is able to handle all this driving. We will find out, won't we? 

I'm really looking forward to the second leg of the trip down to my hometown, because it means we get to dress shop for my sister's wedding! I am so excited to be a part of that special day for my sister, and help her find THE ONE. I am so looking forward to that. It's one of my favorite part of the wedding planning--to help the bride find her perfect dress, and be a part of that special celebration. 

It is so hard to believe that the New Year is on the verge of arriving soon! This year, Forrest, and I won't be spending New Year's Eve with Stu. He says that it is okay, and I am okay with it. You see, when you get older, celebrating New Year's is not really that big of a deal, and it is just another day. Sadly, I admit to this, but I went to bed before midnight last year, and I don't really remember what we did. Ha ha ha. Oh well! 

I may or may not be blogging much in the next few weeks. I will try to blog again right before New Year's, but no promise. Sometimes, when you are having a lot of fun, you don't want to sit down in front of the computer, and blog or check your social network pages. It is more important to spend those time with people you love. 

I just want to say Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Winter's Solstice, and Happy Kwanzaa! Also, happy New Year's as well if I don't get a chance to say so before then! 

Stay safe, and have fun!!!