Monday, March 10, 2014

Blessed

Gramps Dave, & Gramma Jess came to visit us this past weekend. They bought a bunch of Dr. Seuss books: Green Eggs, and Ham, One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, and Blue Fish, and so many more. Forrest begged to be read the whole time, which warmed my heart greatly, and he house-roughed with his grandparents. We enjoyed each other' company, and decided to go to a local restaurant for lunch, where Gramps Dave shared pickles with Forrest. That was Forrest's latest obsession with a vegetable that he finally liked: pickles! After the visit, we headed to Fox River Glove Factory to shop, and bought a bunch of jackets, slippers, a wallet, and a book for Forrest (A classic Winnie the Pooh book). After Gramps Dave, and Gramma Jess said good-byes, we felt incredibly blessed to have such a loving family, especially having spent time with our families in the past two weekends. 


On Sunday, I did a bunch of laundry, and lounged in my warm knitted slippers, that I bought, and watched Supernatural TV show on Netflix during Forrest's nap time. Stu spent his time studying for an upcoming exam for school. Forrest did surprisingly well with the time change, better than we did, and went to bed with very little fuss.


It was so nice to be able to see the days getting longer, longer, and longer, even though it was hard to get up in the morning while it was still dark. The snow banks finally grew smaller as we anticipated to see grass at last. I was SO looking forward to seeing green once again, watch things grow, have warmer temperatures, and go on long walks like we did before the winter hit. 

Come on! Spring, come on, be here already!! We all are more than ready!! 

I recently found a wonderful article that I loved! It was titled, 13 things stay at home moms want you to know (Article). One of the pictures I saw was something I could relate! 

Things SAHM wants you to know

I do not regret my education. I am quite glad that I had an opportunity to go to a college, and a grad school in Washington DC. My degrees may not be put toward at work right now, and surprising as this may be to some of you, they have applied so much to what I am doing today as a SAHM (Stay at Home Mom). I have degrees in psychology, and mental health. I'm able to understand how a toddler's mind work, why they behave the way they do, which contributes to my buttload of patience when it comes to naughty behaviors, and the importance of learning in their daily development. I love the every minute I get by staying at home with my son. I do not regret being a stay at home mom either. As hard as it can be at times, I really don't regret it at all. I do feel very blessed to be able to stay at home with Forrest, and hope that we will continue to grow as a family. 

A bit off topic, yesterday, I went on errands with Forrest, and stopped at Walgreen's to pick up a cold medicine for Stu; a check out registry lady learned that I am Deaf, and asked me if Forrest was Deaf as well. I smiled, and told her, definitely not. On the cue, Forrest started babbling, and talking in a toddler language to the lady. 

It was funny how people automatically assume that because I am Deaf, Forrest must be as well.