Monday, July 28, 2014

WEEK 22





How Far Along: 22 weeks & 3 days.

I am Feeling: Pretty happy, and excited, because we have found a perfect rental home! It's just perfect, and I am so excited about the house. We will be moving in on August 15th. There is some sadness about leaving Ripon, because it holds so many memories for us, and it will not be easy to leave this area. I'm also a bit stressed about packing, and making sure that everything fits in the mover's truck. Along with that, I have to figure out which things we want to give away, and sell, or keep. I am also glad to spread some kindness, and happiness to our wonderful duplex neighbors, Tom, and Deb, by giving them our portable dishwasher for free. We figure that they have done so much for us, and that is the least we can do for them. So having them be happy makes me happy! 

Weekly Milestone Growth: Jellybean is as big as a Papaya fruit. At this point, Jellybean is settling into sleep cycle, which is between 12 to 14 hours at time. This week, Jellybean is fine tuning its muscles by practicing grip, wiggling, and kicking. The fat is piling up on Jellybean's bones, and the baby no longer looks translucent. Fingernails are developed. A bit on the gross side; my belly button has popped out, and it is so weird, because my belly button did not pop out until almost very end with Forrest. 

Movements: I feel Jellybean kicking all over the place, especially toward my right hip. I feel the kicks the most at the bottom rather than on the top. It makes me wonder if Jellybean is still a breech, or going crazy all over the place, and the placenta is just blocking out some movements on the top (due to it being anterior...other word in the front). 

Cravings: The other day we went to our local Farmer's Market, I was so excited to be able to pick up yummy cantaloupe, and Kolrabi vegetable. I've been wanting vegetables, and fruits a lot lately. The fresher it is, the better! I wanted fried green tomatoes, but green tomatoes seem to be impossible to find so I settled for Kolrabi (a really weird looking cabbage/turnip vegetable). I made Kolrabi fritters, and OMG--best thing ever! So good!!! 

Aversions: Unchanged. 

What I Miss the Most: At this point, my pregnancy is really easy. I don't have a little foot up in my rib, or any complaints. I do have occasional sore feet, and back, but nothing I can't handle. I do find that I do miss coffee. Again, I could drink coffee if I want, but I choose not to just like what I did for my pregnancy with Forrest (just healthier to go caffeine free). 

Best Moments of the Week: Finally settling on a place that we will be moving in! I'm so excited about the first floor laundry, and big beautiful kitchen. Those two are my top two most coveted things in a home. Coming up with an idea for Jellybean's nursery room: You are my only sunshine theme! I plan on doing a lot of DIY projects on my own. Learning that Forrest outgrew some of his allergies, and no new allergies had cropped up from the test result. Stu FINALLY felt Jellybean move! It is such a great thing to see Stu's face beam up when he realizes that there is a little person growing inside of me. 

Looking Forward To: Moving in the new place, and being under one roof with us all once again. It has been hard to be apart, especially with me being pregnant, and missing Stu. I'm looking forward to finally setting up nursery room for Jellybean, and toddler proofing Forrest's bedroom. He may not be ready to have his crib converted into a toddler bed just yet, but at least his room will be prepped in advance for when that does happen. I just LOVE interior decorating, and it is one of my favorite things to do.