Monday, August 18, 2014

WEEK 25




How Far Along: 25 weeks & 3 days.

I am Feeling: Happy with the house. It's great! I'm so glad to have my mom, and my aunt to help out with the unpacking. I'm also so happy to have Bobbie, and Griffin (my nephew through marriage, he's such a ham, and Forrest loves him so) to watch Forrest while we had the movers haul stuff into the house on Friday. Forrest just got a really neat present for his birthday, which is a Red Flyer wagon, and he is pretty happy about it. So that makes me happy. Also, I'm stressed about the unpacking; I learned that I can't stand having people stock up kitchen, and I just end up reorganizing everything to the way I like my things to be. I even had my first pregnancy meltdown, and bawled over the lack of pantry space in the kitchen. It took me a good hour or so to feel better. Then Stu rocked by buying me pantry shelves in the laundry room closet to store my canned, and dry goods! I'm sure that I was just really tired, and overwhelmed, because now I'm rocking at stocking up my kitchen, and making things work out. I'm tired from the move, and am thankful that Forrest can keep himself busy with puzzles, games, and watching Sesame Street while I am unpacking. My feet definitely has been suffering from standing on them all day long. However, I'm just so happy that I really don't pay mind to my physical aches. 

Weekly Milestone: Jellybean is as big as a cauliflower. Now, Jellybean is able to tell the difference between up, and down. So that little bugger better be head-down soon! Even though, Jellybean has a lot of space to move around, twirl around, and have fun seeing there's plenty of space yet. Jellybean's nostrils are no longer patent, which is a weird term meaning that Jellybean's nostrils aren't closed anymore, and are open. Jellybean can hear my stomach gurgle, thumps of my heartbeat, and the blood rushing around. It is why I invest in a white noise, or music machine for after birth to soothe the baby to sleep. Jellybean sure gets very excited when he/she hears noises, because then Jellybean moves a lot more! If Jellybean is a girl, then her reproductive organ is completed, and if Jellybean is a boy, then his testes have already descended. So all parts are intact! 

Movements: Jellybean is still all over the place with kicking, and bumping around. While it is a fun feeling, sometimes I would like to just sleep, and have Jellybean rest too. I'm trying to get Jellybean to cooperate so Forrest can feel him/her move. So far, Jellybean is not helping with the sibling rivalry by not moving for Forrest. I'm trying to get Forrest to understand that there is a baby in my belly instead of him thinking that he IS the baby. Jellybean tends to be more quiet when I am on the move. When I rest, Jellybean springs to action, and make up for the lost time. 


Cravings: Nothing. I've been so busy with the move, and eating food that fuels me. I don't really have time to think ugh, or yay about certain food.

Aversions: Nothing at this point.

Gender Prediction: I'm wavering between a boy, and a girl. If I go on heart beat rate, then it is possible that Jellybean may be a boy. However, I do have friends who can easily debunk that myth, because their babies were exact opposite of what old wives' tale claim about gender prediction. On top of that, Forrest's heart rate was pretty high for a "boy" during my whole pregnancy (160s). So, I am not stocking too much in the heartbeat gender prediction thing. The Chinese calender gender prediction claims I am having a girl. Unlike Forrest, I don't have that strong conviction that I am carrying either a boy, or a girl. All I know is that the baby is a human! 

What I Miss the Most: Not being out of breath. I want to be able to do things without feeling like I'm physically incapable. It is harder while pregnant to be able to do things for extended period of times. 

Best Moments of the Week: Feeling Jellybean's heart beat on the fetal Doppler. Jellybean's heartbeat rate is in 139, strong, and clear! Having both sides of my family come together to help us move. Great job, folks, and thank you!! 

Looking Forward to: Getting things squared away in the house. I feel that I can't really relax unless I have things put away, organized, and set up for use. Forrest's birthday party/housewarming party over Labor Day weekend. I want to show off our house! Getting to know the area, Farmer's Market (I didn't have time to go this recent weekend, but had a glimpse of the market, and it looked bigger than the one in Ripon), Shawano County Fair--I want Forrest to see cows, and animals, and flea market on the weekends. It will be fun!


Next Appointment: My next appointment is on September 8th at 10:45 am. I am supposed to go in for a Glucose test. I'm a bit nervous about it, because I have a huge sweet tooth with this pregnancy, and don't want to end up with gestational diabetes. I am sort of sure that I don't have it, seeing that I am measuring a bit behind, which confirms my gut feeling that Jellybean may be making the entrance into the world a week after the estimated due date! Jellybean is a bit on a smaller side right now, and I am surprised to learn that I've been weighing less than I did with Forrest at this point. I find that I don't really care as much about weight gain this time around, and rather listen to my body, and what it needs to nourish Jellybean.