Monday, September 22, 2014

WEEK 30




How Far Along: 30 weeks, & 3 days. In 10 to 12 weeks, Jellybean will be here! I can't believe it. It feels like this pregnancy is flying by so fast. I guess that is what happens while life is keeping us busy. 

I am Feeling: Pretty good. Dealing with a lot of heartburn these days mainly because we have a ton of tomatoes, and I've been eating them. So they cause heartburn. It's nothing that Prevacid, and some Tums can't fix. I've been dealing with sore lower back too. I contribute it to being so close to the end, and carrying Forrest around. I'm excited that I am 30 weeks, because that means we are even closer to meeting Jellybean, and finding out if I am right about Jellybean being a mister. 

Weekly Milestone: Jellybean is as big as a cucumber in length-wise size. Jellybean is still taking a full advantage of the space, even though it has been slowly running out, by laying sideways, upside down, or any position that tickles his/her fancy. Jellybean's fingernails are nearly at end of the fingertips. He/she may need his/her nails trimmed shortly after birth! Jellybean is continuing to plump up. Laungo, a fine hair covering the skin, is slowly disappearing especially with fat filling up underneath the skin. Jellybean's bone marrows now are taking over the production of red blood cells. 

Movements: Jellybean goes through periods of being really crazy with movements, then going quiet, and being gentle. Sometimes, Jellybean tries to burst out so hard that it hurts! It's nuts--Forrest was never like that when I carried him. Silly Jellybean.

Cravings: Same old, same old. I've been wanting refreshing food lately--I am getting sick of all the food I've been eating!

Aversions: None at this moment. I'm not a big foodie with this pregnancy. 

Gender Prediction: Team Blue. 

Best Moments of the Week: Working on Jellybean's Sunshine quilt, setting up the room--slowly, but surely, spending time with Forrest during some beautiful warm autumn days we've been having lately, harvesting a bunch of tomatoes from our garden, and making meals out of them! Getting my camera charger in the mail--I lost my old one, and HAD NO idea where it went. I was kind of bummed until I got a new one! Yay. Getting started on Jellybean's baby book--I did that for Forrest, and they were awesome books. It's why I blog weekly with picture of me being pregnant. So it goes into the book through Shutterfly! Here's an example of what I did for Forrest:



Other best moment of this week is having Forrest listen to the baby's heart beats!! 

Looking Forward to: More leaves turning colors. It is such a beautiful time of the year, and I love it. I am also looking forward to meeting up with some of family over the weekend since there is a mini-family reunion, and somewhat of a "meet the baby" party (Stu's cousin had a baby and she's currently living overseas so she is here for a visit. It'll be nice to meet her daughter). Making freezer meals out of our tomatoes, and meals from our apples that we got from our neighbor. 

Next Appointment/Updates: I've been diagnosed with Gestational Thrombocytopenia so I will be having blood draw every time I go in for my appointments. Oh joy. I look forward to that...NOT. The baby's heart rate is 154-158ish! I'm measuring right on time now. Jellybean must have made up for it by going through a recent growth spurt!

Next appointments are: October 6, October 22, and October 31st (I get to dress up on that day)!