Monday, September 29, 2014

WEEK 31



How Far Along: 31 weeks & 3 days.

I am Feeling: Excited, and a bit emotional just thinking about our D-Day (delivery day) coming so soon, and meeting Jellybean for the very first time. A bit sad in knowing that it won't be just us, and Forrest anymore, and I remind myself that we are giving Forrest a huge gift of having a sibling. 


Weekly Milestone: Jellybean is as big as a Pineapple! At this point, Jellybean is getting a bit crowded, and as result of that, I am feeling the weight of the baby, especially around the rib cage area. Jellybean is somewhat done growing in length, however, he/she is continuing to pack on the weight. The baby is entering a longer period of REM sleep (it's a sleep cycle), and Jellybean may have more consistent waking/sleeping times. There may be a distinct pattern of Jellybean being active, and sleeping from this point on. Jellybean's brain is hard at work at mapping sounds, lights, and experiences that are being filtered through the womb. 

Movements: Jellybean is starting to be more active at the evening/night, and sleep a lot in the morning. This baby may be a night owl just like me!! 

Gender Prediction: Team Blue. I suspect that Jellybean is a boy based on the heart rate of 150s (Forrest was in high 150s when I was in 8th month of my pregnancy with him). On the other hand, Stu thinks we are having a girl. 

Symptoms: I have occasional flashing in my vision once in while. I've discussed it with Mbah, and she is not overly concerned about it. If my blood pressure suddenly increases to unsafe point, then that flashing in my vision would be more concerning. Right now, my BP is perfect. I suspect this is more related to my GT more than anything else (I've had that with Forrest as well). I can start feeling the weight of the baby when I lay down to go to sleep, or rest. The weight  puts a strain on my diagram, and the muscles will end up sore. It's when my handy pillow comes in handy to prop up my belly to balance out the weight. Viola, problem solved! 


Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks are happening. It has been happening for a while now for about a few months. It's basically practice contractions. It doesn't happen very frequently. I forgot to ask Mbah if Jellybean is head down or not. Oh well! Next time! I think Jellybean is head down based on the location of the hiccups. 

Best Moments of the Week: Completing two projects for the nursery room: the quilt, and cloud with rain drops! I am feeling so accomplished about those two. Spending the weekend with the family up north, and seeing Forrest having a wonderful time with his cousins. Enjoying beautiful autumn days. Having my mom come up for a visit! Harvesting even more tomatoes to be eaten, and some left over to be frozen to be used at later date!

Looking Forward To: October! It's my FAVORITE month! Making DIY teething guard rails. I'm thinking about going with yellow to mix up the gray and white theme in the nursery room.


Next Appointment/Updates:  October 6th. It is also when I begin the dreaded blood draw. I remember that from being pregnant with Forrest. I hope I get good nurse every time for blood draw!