Monday, October 20, 2014

WEEK 34

Excuse my Einstein hair. I didn't realize it was THAT messy. 


How Far Along: 34 weeks & 3 days.

I am Feeling: Tired. Stu has not been around much this week, and Forrest has been a wild little man (especially the witching hours). Aside from that, I have surprisingly decent amount of energy during the day to do things.

Weekly Milestone: Jellybean is as big as a Butternut squash! Jellybean's laungo (a little peach fuzz of hair) is slowly disappearing this week, and the protective coating called Vernix Caseosa is still layering on thick. Most of this substance should go away when Jellybean is closer to his/her due date. Jellybean is peeing a pint a day--and it explains why I am making frequent trips to the bathroom! 

Movements: Jellybean is a little wiggler. He/she likes to wiggle, wiggle, and wiggle! Jellybean is most active at the night as opposed to during the day. Jellybean has his/her days of being quiet, and resting a lot more than usual. It happens on the days when I am experiencing more BH contractions, or when Jellybean is going through a growth spurt. 

Gender Prediction: My friend convinced me to do baking soda method to guesstimate the baby's sex. It was kind of inconclusive. It did not fizz very much, but bubbled up a few bubbles to the surface. There was no foam on the top. If I was to guess based on this method, then the baby was determined to be a girl. According to the nub theory; the baby at 11 weeks ultrasound will have a little nub in the genital area, and it means the nub will be formed into either a clitoris or penis. So if the nub is angled, then it confirms a boy. If it is parallel to the spine, then it is a girl. I checked Jellybean's 11 weeks ultrasound, and sure enough, the nub was parallel to the spine. It meant Jellybean could be a girl. According to old wives tales, I've been craving for sweets, and that means a girl. But...the heart rate myth points to a boy, since this baby's heart rate is between 130-150. My belly is carrying low so that means a boy. Mayan Tale says a boy, yet the lunar Chinese calendar says a girl. Having break outs during pregnancy means a girl. I had that all way from conception until recently (around 30 weeks). So maybe a girl. If your first born's first word was mommy, then a baby girl, but if your first born child's first word was daddy, then a boy. So, in this case, a girl. If you have a raging hormonal angry teen moody boy's attitude, then a boy, and opposite means a girl. In this case, a girl. So, the majority points to a girl. We will see if it is right in a month, and a few weeks from now! Those old wives tales are hilarious though. ;)

Symptoms: This week has been a breezy easy pregnancy week. There has been a couple days in there when I felt really physically out of it (platelets are probably out of whack including my low BP). I've been feeling more pressure at the bottom of my belly. Hopefully, that's a good sign that Jellybean is head down, and staying in put?

Labor Signs: Still getting Braxton Hicks contractions, especially if I am not drinking enough water, or overdoing it.

Best Moments of the Week: Cuddling with my little boy in the mornings, and slowly wake up together is always the best way to start my day. Pureeing pumpkins into glop for pies--it's a lot of work, but so worth the hard work. Stu's 30th birthday luncheon with his family. It is hard to believe that we are entering a new decade! 

Looking Forward To: Stinker roo, Turkey, and I are heading down to my hometown for a week to spend a week with other side of the family. I figure it would be good to spend time with my side of the family before I go into the baby lock-down, and not be able to go anywhere for awhile! Learning how to can tomatoes with Dad. Fried Green Tomatoes--gosh I've been craving for that for my whole pregnancy, and now I have several on the hand! Making a lot of DIY gifts for Christmas--I want to get an early head start on them, because there's no way I can do it once the baby is here. 

Update from the last Appointment: My appointments are all changed up because I saw Dr. Mbah on the 13th for a follow up. Dr. Mbah thinks Jellybean MIGHT be in a correct head-down position, but can't confirm without an ultrasound. My 22nd appointment is cancelled, and changed to the 27th. So that means my appointment on the 31st is cancelled, boo, but I still get to dress up for the 27th anyway! Then I have an appointment on the 7th of November for an ultrasound to determine the position of where Jellybean is resting in. Let's keep our fingers crossed that Jellybean is in a correct head-down position, because Jellybean does flip around a lot!