Monday, November 3, 2014

WEEK 36




How Far Along: 36 weeks & 3 days. We are now in 9th month of my pregnancy! It is also less than 30 days until my due date! The baby can come earlier, or later during this month...or even go overdue.  


I am Feeling: I am holding up alright. I'm still doing plank exercise to help the baby to turn since that did work the last time (despite Jellybean flipping back up). The peppermint oil made my stomach break out so I'm careful with it now. I'm nervous with what our ultrasound appointment will show. While I am excited to see Jellybean this late in my pregnancy, I also don't like the reason behind needing the ultrasound, and yet, I am also anxious to get answers. Then I can better prepare myself for what kind of birth experience we will end up with Jellybean. Ideally, I would love to go natural, but I am surrendering to the bigger plans to roll with the punches instead of sticking with one ideal plan, and end up with a disappointment. I'm also kind of freaking out, because I'm 26 days away from my due date...the baby could come earlier or later, and it is hitting me that I will be a mom of 2!! 

Weekly Milestone: Jellybean is as big as a Honeydew Cantaloupe! Jellybean's liver, circulation system, immune system, and kidneys are in working order. The skin is now smooth, and gums are rigid. Jellybean's lungs are preparing for Jellybean to start breathing once Jellybean is delivered into the world. In other words, Jellybean is almost done baking! 


Movements: Jellybean is definitely moving less. I can tell that the space inside is running out for my little one. Jellybean has been hiccuping a lot these days. I remember that with Forrest. Jellybean is most active between 7 to 11 pm. 


Gender Prediction: We are thinking a girl. However, we will be as blessed if we end up with another boy! The anticipation of finding out at birth is mounding up, and I am beginning to feel that it is worth the wait! 

Symptoms: It is starting to get uncomfortable to sleep at the night with my big belly in the way. I find it helpful to use a pillow underneath my belly to support the weight. I find that I am out of breath quite often, and the fatigue feeling from 1st trimester is slowly creeping back in. Nonetheless. I find that I still have a lot of energy. 


Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks is pretty common. Sometimes, it starts up on its own, or Jellybean causes it to happen by moving around. 


Best Moments of the Week: I felt so much to have my  Jeep cleaned, and prepped for Jellybean to come home in. Trick N Treating, dressing up, and being festive for Halloween was fun! 

Looking Forward To: Seeing Jellybean on the big screen. It's a bit exciting to see our baby this late in our pregnancy, because I never got to with Forrest (I had 2 ultrasounds in first trimester, then one big ultrasound in 2nd trimester with Forrest, then that was it). It will be interesting to see how big Jellybean is, and get a rough idea of what he/she may look like.


Updates/Next Appointment: Friday November 7th is our big ultrasound to determine the position where Jellybean is lying in, the position of the placenta, and check on Jellybean's growth. Three outcomes can come out of this: One, everything is set to go, and nothing to worry about. That one I am hoping to get. Two: If Jellybean is in unfavorable position, but placenta is in a good spot, then we will discuss about manually flipping Jellybean into the head down position, the risks that comes with this procedure, and be prepared for Jellybean coming out that week with emergency c-section. Three: Both Jellybean, and placenta both are in unfavorable position, or the manually flipping procedure fails, then we will have a c-section. Now that one, I don't really want. So send us a lot of positive thoughts, good vibes, and prayers.