Monday, November 24, 2014

WEEK 39



How Far Along: 39 weeks, & 3 days. With Forrest, I had him a week later via induction. However, with JB, we are waiting it out with him/her. I have a feeling that JB will arrive in early December, but who knows, Jellybean has been full of surprises with this pregnancy. 

I am Feeling: Pretty good for being 39 weeks pregnant. I may have to start wearing some of Stu's shirts, or same few shirts over, and over again, because my belly is getting low, which means I no longer fit well in my regular maternity shirts. I look like I have a beer belly with my regular maternity shirts! I don't feel like constantly pulling down my shirts, or wanting to buy new bigger maternity shirts, because I'm almost done with this pregnancy. I'll just grin, and bear it until the baby is evicted! 


Weekly Milestone: Jellybean is as big as a watermelon. Jellybean's fingernails may extend past his/her fingernails, and continues to practice breathing. 

Movements: JB hiccups a lot, and the whole body vibrates. It's a funny feeling, and I remember it very well from Forrest. JB has a very distinctive time now of sleeping, and waking. Jellybean tends to sleep all morning into the day with an occasional movement, then hiccup like crazy around dinner time, and sleep, then start hiccuping when I am in bed until 10 pm or so. I think JB is a night owl like me. 

Gender Prediction: Some people are guessing a girl, and some others are guessing a boy. We will find out soon enough, won't we?

Symptoms: Tired, feeling very pregnant, sore hips, sore lower back especially if I am overdoing it or on my feet quite a lot, and feeling anxious about oncoming labor.

Labor Signs: I was awoken by contractions at 2:30 in the morning a few nights ago. It lasted for a half hour in intervals before stopping. So it was not the show time for Jellybean to make his/her debut. Then last night, I was awoken up by contractions, and they lasted between 20 to 40 minutes from 3 am until 6:45 am. We will see if it gets closer together as the day goes on. Otherwise, it's just my body warming up! 

Best Moments of the Week: Finishing up two baby quilts, and I am absolutely excited to be giving a quilt to a wonderful friend of mine at her baby shower in the spring. I started on a lot of hand-made Christmas gifts for my side of the family. I decided it would be a good idea to get that started, and keep myself busy until JB is born! 

Update: I chose not to be checked for dilation at my last appointment. So I have no clue! I'll find out at the next appointment if there is any change.

Next Appointment: Tuesday November 25 at 1:45 pm.