Sunday, January 15, 2017

WEEK 17



How Far Along: 17 weeks! The rainbow is as big as a chipmunk, about 5 inches long, and the bones are getting calcified. This only means that the baby's kicks will be getting stronger!

I am Feeling: Excited, because I got a gender reveal balloon kit in the mail, and it only makes it more real that we are finding out our rainbow's gender soon. I finally decided to secure a birth photographer, and it was exciting too! I had a professor contact me to set up a schedule for a presentation about Deaf culture (for anybody who knows me; I'm big into educating about Deaf Culture)!  Nauseous; I had a cup of hot chocolate milk, and it was not sitting on my stomach too well. When will I ever learn my lesson that this little one does not like sweet food (probably never will I learn this lesson, because I want Girl Scout Cookies). I just wish this nausea would go away, and I feel bad to even complain about feeling this way, because I know there are ladies who struggle with terrible, terrible morning sickness. 

Movements: I've been feeling a lot more movements in the past couple days. The baby is definitely being busy lately. I wonder what the baby is up to? I think the baby really wants to keep up with his/her older brothers! 

Gender: I'm thinking a boy. We will find out in a month. Why does it have to be so far away yet?! I have decided that I would really like to do our gender reveal on my birthday, which is a day after our anatomy scan, because I think it would be a really fun day to find out! It does mean more waiting for us, but that is okay, because I think the wait would be worth it! How special would it be to find out on my birthday? 

What Do I Miss the Most: Not feeling nauseous. I am just so tired of feeling this way, and I really want to be in the "honeymoon" phase of the pregnancy already. 

Cravings: I notice that I've been buying vegetable Chinese egg rolls here, and there. It is not like I HAVE to have it, but every time I go into a food store, I find myself wanting to pick up that, and eat it. It's a bit too salty for my liking, yet at the same time, I'm like I really like it. I may make home made egg rolls soon, because that way, I can manage the sodium level, and add more flavors in it that I like. 

Aversions: Too much sweet food. Garlic. Garlicky smell. The smell of raw meat. Alcohol. Anything that smell really overpowering makes me feel sick. 

Best Moments of the Week: Finalizing things with Andrea for her to photograph our birth. I am so pumped about it. It is something I really need to do for myself, and to get myself start bonding with the whole pregnancy experience. I need to be excited about this pregnancy. Andrea is the best fit for us, and I really like her out of all the photographers (10 of them, matter of fact, ha ha) that I've interviewed. Here's her work if you want to check it out: http://andreafayphotography.com/category/birth/. Getting ready to find out our baby's gender by getting the balloon reveal in the mail. I can't wait! Getting a free Rodgers Jersey with the washing and dryer set we bought recently (gotta love local business). Having Dad and Jess visit us! The boys always love it when Grandparents, doesn't matter who as long as they're grandparents, visit! 

Looking Forward To: The day I finally feel normal, enjoying being WEEK 17, starting a new crochet project, a quilt project (a small one that I plan on doing monthly calendar for the wall), and starting amassing things for the baby. We are looking into a small bunk bed (twin over full) for the boys for once when the baby's born. 

Next Appointment/Updates: January 31st at 9 am for anatomy scan, and a follow up routine doctor appointment. I'm really excited to see our rainbow again!