Monday, April 17, 2017

WEEK 30



How Far Along: 30 weeks! I can't believe it. Only 10 more weeks until we meet this little guy. Flash is now a size of a Platypus, a little critter that is oddly created yet fascinating to look at, and that means he's about 17 inches long! He's clocking at 3 and half pounds. From now on, I will be steadily gaining 1/2 to a pound a week until giving birth. It is a good thing that I don't even own a scale! By 34 weeks, Flash's eyes will be able to roam vertically, and horizontally. At this point, he *SHOULD* be departing from a breeched position into a proper birthing position. If he isn't, then I'm going to keep up with spinning babies exercises until he does. Flash is also shedding laungo, fine hair all over his body, but it is possible he can still be born a bit hairy (Forrest did--he reminded us of a baby monkey, and we mean it out of love).  

I am Feeling: Scared shitless! Ha ha ha. It's not in a bad way, but like O-M-G, our lives are going to change again in ten weeks. I am hoping that sleep deprivation will not kick my ass, because I have two little boys, and a baby to look after! I would love it if Flash is as easy as Frank was, but Flash is his own person, and we will find out what is his personality! Then Ugh a bit about postpartum recovery; that is not my favorite part of being done with a pregnancy, because my recovery always seem to take so long compared to other ladies, but it is worth the bundle of miracle in my arms though. I am relieved as well, because I have FINISHED all the things I needed to do on my baby list for the baby's room, and the boys' room. What a big accomplishment, and a load off my shoulders! 

Movements: The stretches can be a bit painful, especially when Baby Flash is trying to turn sideways. All I have to do is boop on his little head or butt, then he will revert back to whatever he is doing. He loves to kick up a storm every evening around 7 pm, and it is quite a fun entertainment to watch my belly move. Occasionally, Flash will have hiccups lasting up to a half hour at time, and it's a pretty neat sensation. I enjoy it, even at 2 am in the morning!

Symptoms: Sore hips is just a pain...literally. Only 10 more weeks. I can do this. The pain can be reduced somewhat by stuffing a pillow between my legs to alleviate the pressure. It  is probably my only major complaint with this pregnancy, to be honest. I am finding that constipation is coming back, because of organs being squished from the growing baby. I have not been sleeping well, because of my darned hips. I get up to pee a lot during the night. 

Labor Signs: BH contractions pops up here, and there. No big deal. Flash is still a breech. Naughty baby. He needs to flip! Hopefully, he will soon. Dr. Mbah says that I will probably need an ultrasound next month to determine Flash's position, and discuss our next step. 

Best Moments of the Week: Knowing that my list is all done! I love knowing that everything is just done. Spending time with Mom. Having Bobbie coming over to watch the boys with Ainsley so I can go shopping with Mom to stock up on summer clothes (which is something I am lacking for Baby Flash). Building the bassinet by all myself! Finding Frank sleeping in the hallway made me giggle. Of course, we put him back in the bed. Knowing that I can relax finally!

Next Appointment: Wednesday April 25th at 2:45 pm. Just a routine check up. 

Update: Frank is struggling a bit with transition to a big boy bed from the crib. I've read so many articles about how to ease the transition, and we have been doing all the right things (yay for being a veteran parents). It's just honestly a matter of time for Frank to feel comfortable to want fall asleep in his own bed. It can take up to a month for Frank to fully adjust to his new bed. Forrest is in the last few weeks of school, and it is hard to believe that he will be done with his first year of 4K! He has been accepted into a charter program, LEADS, for this upcoming fall for another year of 4K. We are quite excited to see how he will flourish in a different environment, and hopeful to see some of his weakness to improve.  I am very pleased to have the boys' room finally organized, and properly set up for the boys to room together. The nursery room is about 95 percent done. At this point, it's just decorating the nursery, and the boys' room. There are several things I need to do left, such as finally finishing up switching out light spring stuff into summer clothes (Wisconsin weather is so finicky yet) for the boys, packing hospital bags (which will be done in the last month of my pregnancy), finishing up my postpartum care kit, creating an instruction list regarding care for the pets and the boys, and installing car seats in our van.